Infradox Flex is the latest iteration of the Infradox platform, currently at version 32.20.
Page last updated on 20 January 2023.
About Infradox Flex
To make sure the Infradox platform – and your website – stays up to date with the latest technologies, operating systems, browsers, devices and SEO requirements – an overhaul is needed from time to time. Infradox Flex is a rewrite of several core software components, templates, script and CSS – and it was introduced late 2020.
This page lists changes to Infradox Flex up to version 32.19. For an overview of changes before 2022, please go to Flex updates up to version 32.11.
Other articles for Flex websites
- Working with synced sub websites
- Configuring Stripe for online payments
- Customizing the admin dashboard and toolbar
- Responsive images slideshow and WebP support
- Video ingestion
- SEO configuration for Flex websites
- Rule based royalties percentages
- Using custom script for your forms
- Custom script for the HTTP uploader
- Viewing file processing information
- Loading custom HTML with Ajax
- How to configure localised keywords
- How to work with subscription invoices
- How to recover deleted files
- Importing invoice details and agency sales data
If your website is not on Flex yet: Flex is a major update, existing websites can’t be simply updated, especially if your website has customisations. We will install a copy of your website on one of our staging servers and we will make all the required changes for you. Once we’re done we will send you a link to a beta version of your website. Finally we will replace your current website on the live server with the new Flex version.
For an overview of pending and implemented change requests, please visit Change requests.
20 January 2023 (32.22 beta)
- You can now create (and link) user accounts from within the supplier dialog
- Improved backoffice dropdown boxes with “lookup as you type” support
- The user currency will automatically update when you select a country in the user properties dialog
- You can now “lock” invoicing. For example to prevent interference by other users while you are importing and processing agency sales files. Automatic invoices from online payments will still be created – even when invoicing is locked. While a payment run executes, invoicing is locked by the system account. A payment run will be cancelled if invoicing is locked by a user.
- Improved handling of removed files and removed suppliers (backoffice and client facing pages) to which references may still exist in quote requests, restrictions/reservations, orders and invoices
- Terminated/deleted suppliers (contributors) can now still be allowed access to their statistics and sales info
- Payment runs now support currencies (requires suppliers to be linked to user accounts)
- When importing agency sales data files, you can now specify whether or not you want to check deleted files (i.e. for sales made by agents re suppliers that have been removed from your database)
- The file name of a CSV sales file is automatically copied into the invoice reference field if that field has no value – when importing sales files
- You can now select and delete multiple quote requests
- You can now list quote requests, restrictions and reservations filtered for a specific supplier
- Added links to the supplier lookup list for direct access to the supplier’s properties, the action dialog and the territories dialog
- Added “Post sync request” to the supplier action dialog (for sub websites)
- You can now set a “Termination date” on supplier accounts to automatically disable suppliers after the termination date (including removing all content and non crucial data)
- New notification e-mails: sent 3 days before suppliers will be terminated, and when suppliers have been automatically terminated
- Added additional display filters to the supplier overview dropdowns in the toolbar
- Sales less than 1 cent (due to rounding) now appear as “< 0.01” on the contributor’s statistics pages
- New function for proportionate payment corrections added to the invoice page
- The invoice page now shows the total correction amount and the royalties total
- Added action button “Mark as final, paid in full and payable” to invoice management
- Royalties are displayed using 3 numbers behind the decimal point when viewing an invoice as a staff member
- Added a test button to the search query dialog in Gallery manager
- Added option to custom filters configuration to allow all checkboxes to be on/checked
- You can now add a CSS class to custom search filters
- Custom filters that have the URI parameter can now be used in search URL’s, e.g. /search?s=studio&filter=largeformat (where large format is the URI parameter for a custom filter)
- Added a function to update the currency of all user accounts based on the currency linked to countries – use this e.g. if you want to start accepting payments in currencies that you did not previously support
- Changed the e-mail errors overview (failed mail shows most recent first). You can find this view via Website logs, Failed e-mail
- Added a “Send test e-mail” button to Site configuration > E-mail configuration
- Added a “Queued e-mail” view to Website logs
- You can now update the currency of an invoice to recalculate the user’s amounts using any conversion rate
- Site configuration pages now have a save button that is visible at the bottom without having to scroll
- Added a custom filter helper dialog to Site configuration, Search settings, Custom filters
- Optimised the price calculator data queries
- Added settings to the sales import function: 1) Disable confirmations/messages, 2) Immediately process invoice details after file upload and 3) a setting to load either the processing results dialog, the invoice or the invoice overview after importing the sales records
- Removed the confirmation dialog when cloning data processing rules (Site configuration > Metadata processing)
- Fixed a problem with processing updates on a main website as inserts on a sub website
- Fixed a problem with locale switching on some pages when in Production mode
- Fixed an issue with rounding on royalty summary reports
- Fixed a problem with copying shared lightboxes
- Filters sections did not load expanded if filters in a section were part of a custom url, this is fixed
- Downloading metadata as CSV from the batch dialog fetched an empty file
- Fixed a problem with contributor’s statistics thumbnails
- Clicking on the text of category box (client facing pages) didn’t load the category results because of a missing data attribute
- Fixed an intermittent caching issue with the quicksearch box
December 2022 (32.21)
- Version 32.21 was an intermediate release, its changes have been integrated in version 32.22
26 November 2022 (32.20 released)
New and changed
- The sales reports import function can now find files using up to three different fields
- After importing sales reports, you can now manually assign unmatched files
- Added a new dialog to Invoice management to easily check all imported sales in all invoices
- You can now change the file names of self-billing invoices/sales reports by entering a macro, and you can choose to test for payment thresholds either before or after tax – via Site configuration > Sales report settings
- The “Supplier sales data” and “Payment runs” pages have been replaced with new versions. The pages are much faster and easier to use. Several functions have been added to filter the view.
- The “Payment runs page” now lets you (re)generate all or selected PDF’s and a ZIP download function was added to download all PDF’s as a single ZIP file.
- The “Supplier sales data” page now has a “Flight check” function that lets you check what your next pay run will include.
- Payment run jobs now execute about 4 times faster.
- You can now mark multiple selected invoices as “Paid in full” and/or “Final and paid in full” from the toolbar on the Invoice management page.
- Added a “Find” button to the Code editor toolbar to make it easier to find a template that you want to change.
- The supplier dialog in Supplier management has tabs to display all orders and all invoices re files of the supplier. You can filter the list and there are download buttons to download all data as CSV.
- Added a “Remove from ‘my list'” button to the Batch accounts dialog (lets you remove accounts from ‘my list’ by selecting properties in the dialog).
- Updated the Pipeline view (formerly Quick stats in Invoice management). Added buttons to filter the view and a button to download the data as CSV.
- Fixed a problem with the cached masthead template (problem occurred with specific settings only)
- When going to the website with a search url that uses filters and no cookies stored yet, the filter setting was not persisted. This is solved.
- Fixed a problem with the assume identity function
- Fixed a bug with displaying the ranking in batch mode
17 October 2022 (32.19 released)
New and changed
- Supplier management now lists deleted suppliers too (you can hide deleted suppliers with the checkbox in the toolbar), the top of the page shows two dropdown menus to filter your view by country and/or several properties.
- You can now import suppliers from a CSV file
- The “Custom” button in the Supplier management toolbar lets you batch update any of the supplier custom fields
- All staff members can now maintain a personal list of accounts with the “My list” function – accessible via the toolbar on the User management page.
- Invoices can now have invoice details linked to suppliers without the invoice detail being linked to a file (for more info, read Importing invoice details and agency sales data)
- Importable sales report files from your agents can now contain data to look up the supplier/contributor for sales details for which there are no files in your database, and import files can now have the royalties percentage
- You can now save the sales import settings and the saved settings are automatically loaded when you open the import dialog
- Automatically create multiple invoices when importing very large distributor sales files
- You can now run multiple independently operated websites that sync files with a single main website with the new “sub websites” functionality
- Flex now has support for multiple RF video files that can be paid online and downloaded immediately – with fixed prices for each available size
- You can now add text to user notifications when you make changes to a user or organisation account, and you can choose to not send a notification (in which case changes are not active until the user logs out and in again)
- You can now change permissions for all accounts matching specific criteria (button “batch accounts” in the User management toolbar)
- You can now allow new user accounts to be enabled automatically – without having to activate the account with the activation link
- If a user clicks on “add to cart” when not logged in, the file will be automatically added to the cart after logging in / or after registering and logging in
- You can now configure if you want automatic or manual conversion rate updates for your currenies
- You can now switch between Dark and Light mode in back office
- You can now manually select the invoice date, and you can change the date of final invoices
- It is now possible to download a PDF for an invoice that is still a “draft” invoice
- Invoice management lets you list all invoices that have an invoice detail for a specific file and/or supplier/contributor
- Payment corrections can now be applied using a percentage (in addition to using an amount)
- The “Use information” tab of the File properties dialog now shows the total amount of all invoices
- You can now use Stripe for online payments – Stripe supports all major credit cards, iDEAL, Apple pay, Google pay, Microsoft Pay, Afterpay, Klarna and more
- You can now automatically create and send invoices for orders that are paid online
- You can now enable e-mail notifications about automatically created invoices and orders that are paid online
- Users can receive up to three e-email reminders about “abandoned payments”, i.e. orders still waiting to be paid online
- The price calculator configuration page now lets you add and edit multiple items at the same time
- The client facing price calculator has been updated to show help icons for all items that have such text
- The help text that you have entered in the price calculator configuration is now used to display licence text for the selected items
- The help text that you have entered in the price calculator configuration is now copied to the order detail’s invoice description box
- You can now completely erase/reset all site map xml files if you want to regenerate everything
- Improved templates for the “Licence” and “How to acquire a licence” pages
- You can now review imported sales records before processing (i.e. creating invoice details)
- Updated the sales report settings and invoice settings pages
- Changes to the template parser software for improved parsing speed
- Switching locales will now load the current/same page as oppososed to the home page
- All indexable pages now have alternate links (locales) in the html head of your pages, if your website is available in more than one language
- Added new home page blocks for Slide shows with responsive images – more information here
- Added a File manager function to automatically generate image sets for responsive slide shows
- Added an action boxes home page block without any CSS, for more control over styling with your own CSS
- Added versions of several home page blocks with support for WebP and/or lazy loading
- The code editor now has separate CSS files for the Home page, Preview page, Gallery/Category group pages and Thumbnail pages (i.e. search results, lightboxes and galleries)
- Removed support for “Modal lightboxes”
- Removed setting “Hide footer on home page” (which can be achieved still in the code editor)
- Made a setting to replace the menu title “My account” with the logged in user’s name
- Accepted files that have entered the system via the submission queue (accepted and accepted hidden) now link to the entry in the submission log
- If you change the “hidden” parameter of a file, the submission queue is updated to reflect the new status in both the contributor’s as well as the admin overviews
- You can now add accepted/accepted hidden files to any staff member’s batch from the submission queue and you can post a message to inform the staff member. This can be used e.g. for files that you accept with the status ‘hidden’ because a file requires keywording or other editing
- It was not possible to remove single files from a restriction that affects multiple files. This has been fixed.
- The “Primary files only” filter on the restrictions pages didn’t work. This has been fixed.
- Fixed problem with the user management filter “Clients”
- Fixed some issues with subscription invoices
4 June 2022 (32.18)
- Implemented chunked saving for large manually maintained galleries
- Several SEO and Lighthouse test related improvements/optimizations
- Replaced all non HTML attributes with data- attributes on client facing HTML pages, changed all script files referencing these attributes
- Added support for WebP files (for e.g. slideshows and action boxes)
- Added support for using a CDN for specific files only
- You can now use lazy loading for action box images
- Added home page block for pinboards with lazy loading
- Slideshows now use lazy loading
- Implemented targeted server side caching for bot/web crawler traffic
- The session management software has been rewritten to reduce the number of requests and to improve speed
- All URL’s have been optimised and changed for the new session management software
- All pagination URL’s will now automatically start a new search if necessary, e.g. if a URL with pagination info is loaded by a bot or pasted into a browser’s address bar
- Fixed a problem with the popup on the contributor upload page
- Fixed a problem that occurred when saving manually maintained galleries with more than 725 files.
- Occassionally and on certain servers only – paginating resulted in loading results from a previous search. This should now be fixed.
- If a supplier’s credit had a backslash in it, a JSON error occurred when trying to edit the supplier properties in backoffice. This is fixed.
- If (old) metadata contained certain ISO encoded / non-UTF8 characters, the preview page would not show the metadata. This is fixed in the new API (184.108.40.206).
19 April 2022 (32.17)
New back office functions
- Staff members can now customise the administrator dashboard and toolbar (remove items, rearrange order of display)
- You can now add and maintain file distribution handlers in back office. File distribution is now available in all versions, distribution targets require an API licence
- The new FTP management function in back office lets you add and configure FTP accounts for direct uploads by suppliers, agents or your video ingestion folders
You can furthermore create an FTP account to upload files for your File manager and you can view the FTP log/statistics for each account
- You can now configure percentages and/or amounts for up to 9 pricing groups. These groups can be used to decrease/increase the prices of files. This works for both RM and RF files
- You can now create a Job (in Job server) to automatically ZIP and download files from the syndication folder (described below)
- Admin file downloads are now accessible via “File jobs” in the admin toolbar
- You can now create a file job for single files via “Download” in the admin toolbar on a preview page (to download high res files without creating an order)
- Added Video ingestion to the admin permissions tab
- Added a menu setting to display the user’s full name or first name in the masthead / menus
- Added new masthead menu style options
- Changed implementation of “recent searches” and added support for customising with “xsrecentsearches” in the code editor
- You can now override the notification count function by adding xsnotifications to your client script
- Made changes to several back office pages to improve usability on small screens/devices (e.g. iPads, phones et cetera)
- Added new macro codes to inject rights and restrictions into the IPTC/XMP
- You can now post file jobs without an e-mail address if you don’t need to receive a notification or link (downloads are available via “File jobs” in your toolbar)
- Made some improvements to the download functions
- Added more filters on the User management page
- You can now edit the master file properties of files that are not stored using Infradox storage (i.e. for files on 3rd party storage solutions such as Amazon S3)
- Added “Accept hidden” to the toolbar on the submissions management page
- Gallery manager now lets you select a range of galleries and a range of files in a gallery (by holding down ctrl or cmd when clicking on items)
- You can now move selected galleries to another group (in addition to moving one or all)
- You can now create metadata processing rules to override the default file collection and pricing group (also see below about pricing groups)
- Made changes to the cmd-click functions for Mac users (Gallery and Batch management)
- The video ingestion queue entries are now moved to the log after one day, even if scanning is disabled
- Added additional filters to the video ingestion queue page
- Improvements to the HTTP uploader and removed message about maximum number of files to upload at once
- Added a new version of “xspreviewhandler” to the examples for preview script in the code editor (changes re the quote button)
- Submission management lets you edit the raw XML again, although this is not recommended
- You can now configure syndication to output CSV and Name/Value text files in addition to XML
- You can now configure syndication to output data to a folder in File manager, e.g. for metadata back up purposes or import in off line systems
- Custom search filters can now use a + for a space if you’re not using unique filter codes but queries instead
- Made changes to the custom filters validation checking – to allow accented characters
- Added function “oncalculatorchanged” to the price calculator script so that custom coding can be used when a parent/child selection changes. For example to move certain countries to the top of the list.
- The add page to batch function did not appear in the admin toolbar if the site was in develop mode. This is fixed (build 898).
- Fixed an intermittent problem in the Gallery manager. Sometimes the “Also appears in” dialog appeared behind the Gallery manager dialog.
- Fixed an intermittent problem in the uploader that sometimes causes one file to be skipped when uploading many files at once
5 March 2022 (32.16 build 888)
- We added a new video ingestion workflow system that can be configured and monitored in backoffice. The new workflow includes functions for importing bulk XML and CSV metadata files, XML validation, (conditional) automatic and manual submission for processing, progress and status monitoring and more. An article about this new function will be available shortly.
- The Batch dialog and the Gallery manager now let you select a range of thumbnails.
- We made several changes to further improve the Gallery manager.
- We improved the functions for uploading of profile and cover photos on contributor profile pages.
- Cart page optional input field 3 displayed the wrong label.
- Clicking on “Accept hidden” in the preview dialog of the submission queue posted files as normally visible.
- Without locking the code editor first, the revisions dialog was displayed underneath the dialog mask – preventing it from being closed.
20 February 2022 (32.15 build 885)
- Added validation checks in the custom filters section in back office to help prevent configuration problems
- You can now immediately add all files from a search to your batch
- You can now immediately remove files from your batch that match a search
- Added the client’s currency code to the invoice overview
- Improved the currency conversion function on the invoice page
- You can now insert code immediately after the <body> tag and/or immediately before the </body> tag in all client facing HTML pages. This change was made to simplify the use of 3rd party plug-ins, e.g. chat bots. Your code is added with the code editor (templates 300 and 301)
- Improved the batch “find & replace” function, with better support for finding text with commas and quotes – and automatic removal of duplicate commas and spaces
- You can now hover over links in the metadata processing rules list to get a quick view of field conditions and/or filter creation rules – without having to open the processing rule dialog.
- You can hover over the question mark icons in site configuration, custom filters – for an overview of what the generated filters will be
- In Gallery manager, hover over a gallery or category in the side bar to get a quick view of the properties (e.g. query, filters, number of files, id et cetera).
10 February 2022 (32.14 build 882)
- We added support for additional IPTC/XMP data properties (both for importing and iptc injection)
- You can now select a supplier group when viewing/changing the metadata repository for a correct view of field mappings
- You can now load files into your batch by importing a CSV/text/Excel file
- We added help for all the back office functions
- The keyword tree dialog and the similar files keywords dialog can now be resized by dragging the bottom right corner.
- Files that are uploaded with the HTTP uploader will now have the UAC property in the metadata properties (e.g. UAC=29912). This is the ID of the user who uploaded the file. A filter code is also generated using the format @UACnnn# where nnn is the user account id.
- The batch “Find & Replace” function is updated for improved support of data with html entities and accents/diacritics.
- You can now view a file’s change history in the metadata properties dialog.
- Improved the currency conversion function in the invoice detail properties.
- Metadata processing rules could not be removed because of an error. This is fixed.
- Fixed a problem with metadata processing rules to overwrite the credit with a fixed value / data from the linked supplier.
27 January 2022 (32.13 build 881)
- Several minor fixes and improvements
- A new help function is now available on most back office pages, in the batch edit dialog, the gallery manager and so on
- Added functions to restore deleted files (Supplier management)
- Several changes to the keyword translation function (Controlled vocabulary processing)
- Added collapse / expand all buttons in the CV tree view dialog
12 January 2022 (32.12 build 880)
- Several changes for price calculator implementation and customisation (Updated page: Price calculator for RM images)
- Added sort order options to the submission management page
- Added a manual sort function (using drag & drop) to rearrange the order of galleries in a group (Gallery manager)
- Made changes to the Controlled Vocabulary translation function in metadata processing (no minimum word length and other minor changes).
- You can now recover deleted files (up to 180 days) via Supplier management, actions.
- In the HTTP uploader, batch edit changes weren’t applied to drop down boxes if the thumbnail list view mode was enabled.
- In the batch edit dialog, required drop down boxes did not have a “blank” value, as a result such fields were always updated.
- The SEO page data setting for “latest” did not work.
- When switching to another lightbox via the panel on a search page, sometimes the view style settings were reset. This is fixed.
For an overview of changes before 2022, please go to Flex updates up to version 32.11.